Got To Go Policies
Effective date: January 1, 2016
Revised date: January 1,2018
Thank you for choosing Got To Go for your pet and house sitting needs! Prior to the beginning of services, we ask that you please take a moment to review and agree to our policies.
Using our service and checking the agreement box will serve as confirmation of receipt and agreement to the following terms and conditions while receiving services from Got To Go. Further, completion of the client and/or pet profile in Got To Go’s pet sitting program confirms our service arrangement, and client consents to keeping this current in order to ensure Got To Go has the most relevant information while providing services.
- Prior to the in home consultation, Client is required to enroll in Got To Go’s online pet sitting program, enter all profile and pet information, and agree to the policies.
- A consultation is required prior to providing service. During this consultation, client will have the opportunity to meet the primary pet sitter, review their pet’s needs, and discuss how Got To Go will gain entry into their home.
- Got To Go is authorized to enter the clients house via a key pad and/or garage code. If a key entry into the home is preferred, a copy of the key will be provided during the initial consultation and will be held by Got To Go.
- Client has the option of having Got To Go pick up and drop off the key for an additional fee. Copies of the key may be made and will be maintained by the office and may be provided to both the primary and back-up sitters in order to provide service.
- If a copy of the key is not provided to Got To Go and entry to the home is not possible (during a power outage, for example), Got To Go may need to secure the services of a locksmith. In this circumstance, client will be responsible for both the cost of the locksmith and for the pet sitter’s additional time. Got To Go will not call a locksmith without clients consent, unless client is not reachable (i.e., out of the country, on a cruise, etc.).
- The initial consultation with the pet sitter is free of charge. Any additional consultations with the same pet sitter following the initial meeting and/or after the pet(s) have previously been cared for by the pet sitter will result in a charge equal to the amount of one pet care visit. However, if Got To Go is providing a new pet sitter, client will have the opportunity to schedule a consultation free of charge.
- Reservations for service must be requested either via email, phone or on Got To Go’s online reservation system. Reservations are NOT confirmed until client receives an APPROVED email confirmation summary from the online pet sitting program. Such confirmations will be reviewed, and client will be responsible to notify Got To Go of any changes, adjustments or revisions needed to the requested service.
- Client is to call the office for all scheduling of appointments, changes or cancellation as this should not go thru the sitter. If it is after hours and you must contact the sitter please contact the office as well.
- Client agrees to provide enough food, medication, cat litter, poop bags and other supplies required for the duration of the appointment. If Got To Go is required to replenish any supplies, the total cost of the purchase will be reimbursed, plus a shopping fee of $25. These fees will be added to the bill, and will be paid immediately upon clients return.
Cancellation Policy and Fees:
- Payment to Got To Go is appreciated at the start of service if not paying by credit card. A check or cash can be left for the Pet Sitter. If payment is not left, an invoice will be sent via email. If payment is not received two (2) weeks after the date service begins, Got To Go reserves the right to obtain a credit card for payment in full. This excludes daily clients, who are scheduled to pay on a monthly basis.
- Any appointment equal to $60.00 or more that is cancelled less than 2 days prior to the start of scheduled service will be subject to a $25.00 cancellation fee. This fee will be paid at the time of cancellation via check or by credit card. If payment is not received within two (2) weeks of the start of service date, Got To Go reserves the right to suspend service. Daily clients are exempt from cancellation charge when cancelling their daily appointment only.
- If an appointment is shortened 2 days prior to the start of scheduled service or 5 days prior to an appointment that overlaps a holiday time period (for example, leaving later than booked, coming home early, coming home in between visits, and canceling a portion of the appointment), client understands to call the office and inform them of any changes as soon as possible. If there are three (3) or more visits cancelled from the entire appointment there is a $25 cancellation fee. If 3 or more visits are cancelled more than once the cancellation fee applies each time.
- Any appointment cancelled the same day service is to be rendered is to pay in full. This includes appointments booked and cancelled the same day. This does not apply to daily clients cancelling their daily service.
- If the sitter arrives at your home at the scheduled appointment time and you forgot to cancel and service is not needed you are responsible to pay in full for that service. This applies to vacation and daily clients.
- Due to popular demand for service, if scheduled appointments on a recognized holiday (listed below) are cancelled 5 days or fewer before the start of service, the client will be charged in full for these appointments, including the holiday surcharge. Further, if an appointment that included recognized holidays are cancelled the client will be responsible for payment equal to 50% of any cancelled appointment(s) for those days that do not include the recognized holiday. For example, if a client is scheduled for appointments on July 3rd, July 4th and July 5th and cancels these appointments 5 or fewer days prior to the start of service, the client is responsible for payments equal to 50% of the scheduled appointment for July 3rd and 5th, and payment in full (plus the holiday surcharge) for July 4th.
- If a sleepover is cancelled 5 days or less, client is responsible to pay for 100% of the sleepover portion in full for all scheduled nights of a sleepover. This is in conjunction with the $25 cancellation fee for the other appointments if less than 2 days’ notice.
- There is an additional charge of $7.00 for all appointments booked on the same day when service is required. Any requests for service received after business hours will be considered received as of the next business morning. This fee is waived for daily clients when booking additional appointments day of daily service.
- There is a holiday surcharge of $7.00 per visit if service is required on any of the following holidays: New Year’s Eve (December 31), New Year’s Day (January 1), Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve (the entire day of December 24) and Christmas Day (December 25). This is a per-visit charge on the specific day, and not for the entire holiday weekend. For daily clients, this fee is removed for only the date and time of regularly scheduled daily visits that would have occurred on that day of the week.
- Client agrees to provide Got To Go with up-to-date credit card information or new expiration dates as needed.
- If there are insufficient funds to cover a check(s) written to Got To Go there will be a charge of $30.00 to cover the cost of bank fees and Got To Go’s time and effort in following up to obtain alternate payment. This payment is in addition to the cost of service.
Daily Clients/ House Watching:
- Daily clients are defined as those that are visited a minimum of three (3) times a week, for a minimum of ten (10) months per year, and receive a discounted rate due to the frequency of scheduled visits. If a daily client discontinues daily service, the discounted rate will no longer apply.
- Got To Go is not responsible for wilted, dead, or otherwise unhealthy plants. Got To Go will follow the care instructions left for us but cannot be responsible if the results are not favorable. If possible, place all indoor plants together. If Got To Go is driving your car during house watching, client understand that they will be only driving a mile or 2 to start it and rotate tires. Got To Go is not responsible for repair to client’s car or home outside the control of the pet sitter. This includes but not limited to leaks, electrical problems, pipes bursting or anything caused by acts of nature. Got To Go will contact the client as soon as something is noticed and will work with the client in resolving any issues needed. If this incurs additional time, an additional house watching additional fees may be warranted.
Visit Times/ Pet Sitters:
- Got To Go’s appointments are booked in two (2) hour time spans. If a specific time is required due to medications or other issues, Got To Go will make every reasonable effort to accommodate these needs. Our goal is to arrive within 30 minutes of a specifically requested time. Blocks of time are as follows:
Early Morning: 7:00 am – 9:00 am*
Late Morning: 9:00 am to 11:00 am
Midday: 11:00 am -2:00 pm
Afternoon: 2:00 pm -4:00 pm
Early Evening: 4:00 pm -6:00 pm
Late Evening: 6:00 pm -8:00 pm
Late Night: 8:00 pm-10:00 pm*
* Visits required before 7:00 am and/or after 10:00 pm will be agreed upon and conducted at the discretion of the pet sitter. An additional charge of $10.00 for all visits requested before 7 am or after 10 pm.
- In order to properly care for my pets and ensure their health and well-being, Got To Go will not accept appointments for dogs with more than a 12-hour gap between visits, or a minimum of two (2) visits per day. Cats and other small creatures must be visited at least every other day.
- Got To Go will provide backup sitter(s) for pet care in the event the primary sitter becomes unavailable.
Communication/ Liability/ Personal Security:
- At the initial consultation, preferred method of communication during the time the client is away will be discussed and agreed. This will be noted in client’s profile as well. The sitter may either leave a report card at each visit; or client may leave a notebook for the sitter to write notes; or can request that the sitter contact them via text message each day.
- If you asked to have the sitter text or call and you have not heard from them call the office so that we can get a hold of them.
- It is Got To Go’s preference to NOT share the visits and/or care for pets with anyone else, including friends, neighbors, relatives, individuals providing other types of services. If the choice is made to have someone else in the client’s home while Got To Go is providing services, client agree to notify Got To Go in advance and understand that Got To Go will not be held responsible for any damages incurred to clients home or pets while not in Got To Go’s care.
- Client agrees to relieve Got To Go from liability for damage to their home or property caused by their pet, as long as due diligence and care has been shown.
- The security of your personal information is extremely important to us. Got To Go will never sell or rent your personal information to any third parties under any circumstances, nor will we speak to anyone about your whereabouts or expected absences.
- Our office hours are Monday thru Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Any calls/emails received after 5:00 pm to schedule or cancel an appointment for the following day will not be responded to until the morning, and will therefore be subject to same-day booking/ cancelling charges. The office will maintain supplemental hours between 9:00 am – 12:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday. The exclusive purpose of these supplemental hours is to respond to calls and emails that pertain to adding, cancelling and/or changing service that will take place during the weekend ONLY. All calls received during these supplemental hours for non-weekend service will be returned on Monday. Any calls received after 12:00 pm Sunday for the following Monday will be subject to any same-day booking/ cancelling charges.
- Got To Go is fully bonded and insured, and will provide copies of insurance documentation upon request. Client understand that the pet sitter is an Independent Contractor and this insurance does not provide coverage if there is an accident in or at their home and client is responsible for all the medical expenses and damages resulting from the injury. Client agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Got to Go in the event of a claim by any person injured by their pet.
- Got To Go is granted permission to take my pet to the veterinarian of my choice in the event of perceived illness, pain or discomfort. Got To Go will make every effort to contact and advise of the action beforehand. If my veterinarian’s office is closed or unavailable, Got To Go is authorized to take my pet to the nearest emergency veterinary clinic. Client agrees to pay all veterinary bills promptly upon my return, in addition to a veterinary transportation fee of $50 an hour.
- In the event of unsafe transportation conditions resulting from inclement weather or a natural disaster, Got To Go is entrusted to use their best judgement in caring for the clients pets and home. During extreme weather conditions, it is understood that visits may need to be rescheduled or cancelled. In these rare cases, Got To Go may call my emergency contact to visit until such time that service can be resumed.
- Client agrees that it is their responsibility to provide safe entry into and throughout the interior of the home at all times. This includes during times of inclement weather (snow, ice, hurricane, etc..), construction, cleared paths on stairs, thru the garage, to the front door and any area the sitter will need to access.
AcknowledgementUsing our services is agreement to the policies.